The 4 Steps That Solves Your 'Got NO AIR' Emergency!
Follow This Trouble-Shooting Checklist First Yourself (if you feel comfortable doing it.)
Try 'Troubleshooting' The Problem:
- The first place to look is the thermostat. It may sound simple, but check to see that it is turned on. All modern thermostats have an on off switch, but they are not clearly labeled with an “on” position. The “on” position is labeled “heat” or “cool.” Obviously you want to make sure the switch is in the “heat” position. If you have a programmable thermostat be sure you bypass the program by adjusting the temperature number and pressing the “hold” button. If the heater still does not come on you’ll want to check to see if your thermostat has a replaceable battery and check it.
- If your heater still does not fire up, look for an on/off switch at the furnace itself. It looks just like a light switch and is often attached to the unit itself, or very nearby. Make sure the switch is on. If you have central air-conditioning as part of your system and it worked properly over the summer, then more than likely your switch is already on.
- If your switch is on and the furnace has still yet to run, check the breakers in your electric panel. The breaker could have tripped and the solution to the problem could be as easy as flipping the switch.
- If all switches are on, the problem could be with the cover on the front of the furnace. The cover often has a trip switch which shuts off the system when it is opened. If the cover is not properly closed, the switch can prevent the furnace from running.
- If the furnace comes on and you don’t feel any hot air it could be that the furnace is not getting any fuel, or the pilot light is not lit. Check the fuel line and be sure that the valve is turned on. You can tell if the fuel valve is on if the handle runs parallel with the fuel line. If the handle is perpendicular to the line it is in the off position. If at this point you don’t feel any heat you may want to be sure you have paid the gas bill, or have oil in your tank.
If These Simple Fixes Don’t Solve The Problem, Don't Hesitate To Call Us!!
Still 'Got NO COOL?' CALL US 24/7 @ 616.754.9382
During Business Hours: Our Customer Service Representatives, who will take your call, schedules the appointment and dispatches the service tech.
After Business Hours/Weekends: Our 24/7 answering service takes the call, contacts an on-call service tech who will return the call in 30 minutes to schedule the appointment; minimizing your stress and inconvenience. (Our 24/7 Emergency Service ‘really is’ 24/7.)
Review Our 16-Point Guide, "How To Identify A Good HVAC Contractor?"
You May Want To Review Our FREE Reports: What Every Homeowner Needs To Know About An A/C Tune-Up, Or, Review Our 6 'SUREFIRE' Steps To Getting The Best Value With An A/C Installation Which Includes Our "Air-Conditioner Buyer's Guide In Plain English"