Furnace & AC Tune Up Procedure Checklist:
- Inspect and clean blower assembly(includes blower housing, blower wheel and motor).
- On older models, lubricate motor and inspect and replace fan belt if needed.
- Check combustion blower housing for lint and debris and clean as necessary
- Inspect evaporator coil, drain pan and condensate drain lines. Clean as needed.
- Inspect for gas leaks in gas furnaces.
- Inspect burner assembly -- clean and adjust as needed.
- Inspect ignition system and safety controls -- clean and adjust as needed.
- Inspect heat exchanger or heating elements.
- Inspect flue system -- check for proper attachment to the furnace, any dislocated sections, and for signs of corrosion. Replace if necessary.
- Inspect control box, associated controls, wiring and connections.
- Clean or replace air filters.
- Inspect conditioned airflow system(ductwork) -- check for leaks.
- Inspect unit for proper refrigerant level and adjust if necessary
- Clean dirt, leaves and debris from inside cabinet
- Inspect bas pan for restricted drain openings - remove obstructions as necessary
- Inspect coil and cabinet - clean as needed
- Inspect fan motor and fan blades for wear and damage - on older models lubricate as needed
- Inspect control box. associated controls/accessories. wiring and connections. Controls may include contactors, relays, circuit boards, capacitors, sump heat and other accessories. All control boxes and electrical parts should be checked for wear or damage.
- Inspect compressor and associated tubing for damage.
While your system is operating.
- Monitor system starting characteristics and capabilities.
- Listen for abnormal noise
- Search for source of unusual odors.
- Monitor air conditioning and heat pumps systems for correct refrigerant charge
- Measure outdoor dry bulb temperature.
- Measure indoor dry and wet bulb temperatures
- Measure high and low side system pressures
- Monitor gas furnace for correct line and manifold gas pressure -- make adjustments as needed.
- Measure temperature rise and adjust airflow as needed
- Check vent system for proper operation
- Monitor system for correct line and load volts/amps.
- Monitor system operation per manufacturer's specification
- Provide system operation report and recommend repairs or replacement as necessary